samedi 9 juin 2012

Start spreading the news, I am leaving today, I want to be a part of it NEW YORK, NEW YORK !



It's been a week since I've arrived in New York City today. Only a week and there is so much to say.

When I arrived at JFK, I was in a line waiting for my turn to take a cab. I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around me, because really, when you land after a 9 hour flight, all you're thinking about is taking a shower and eating some good food.

This thought would have lasted at least 20 minutes if this woman and her daughter (I really don't want to mention they were French...) hadn't tried to pass everybody in the line so they wouldn't have to wait.

I probably wouldn't have noticed either if this guy didn't start screaming at them "GET IN THE BACK OF THE LINE, GET IN THE BACK OF THE LINE". The mother was smoking a cigarette and they were both pretending they didn't understand. As the guy wouldn't calm down, a security man walked up and asked what was going on.

The guy starts explaining, and by that I mean yelling : "This woman walks up in the middle of the line, lights a cigarette and is just waiting for her turn. She LIGHTS A CIGARETTE and passes in front of everybody".

When I noticed the woman and her daughter were standing behind the guy,  I was starting to wonder if the actual problem was that they tried to pass everybody or that the mother was smoking a cigarette in the middle of everybody.

I'm really hoping this guy never goes on a trip to France, I bet he would have a hell of a time...


1 commentaire: