mardi 5 juin 2012

Before I start...

I've always wanted to write about my travels, but never did. Sometimes I would start doing it and never continue.

I can often hear in my head what I would want to write, but never write it down.

Now is time for a change and I'm hoping I will make the best out of this first "official" writing experience.

I'm Daphné, soon to be 19 years old.

My mom is American, my dad is French. I've been raised in both English and French language. People often ask me if I feel more American or more French. Well, this is what I always answer : "When I'm in France I feel more American, and when I'm in the USA I feel more French".

I've always wondered why that is, but I think it's just how people consider me here and there.

I am studying business right now, and to tell the truth, I'm not really sure what I want to do.
I've been interested in theater and cinema for a long time, but wish I had had more time to do it throughout the years (instead of making sure my history paper title was written in red, and that I skipped two "squares" on my paper before starting a sentence... oh, French high school teachers...)

The reason I decided to finally start a blog is because I've traveled so much the past few years, seen so many different people, scenes, places. I am constantly observing and having so many thoughts that I thought I could start sharing.

I am very thankful to have a family supporting everything I do, and I wouldn't be writing this if it weren't for them.

Now let's take off !

2 commentaires:

  1. Blogging is a great adventure that was a big part of my life for years. I still miss it and hope to get back to it some day. Good luck on your voyage.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I fully agree with you said "When in America I feel more French, and in France more American". Being of duel nationalities, I feel the same way, I would even say, I longer know where I really belong. I looking forward to following you in your multicultural adventures

    RépondreSupprimer