vendredi 22 juin 2012

It's a small world, isn't it ?

We all have grown up with the knowledge of living in a big world. There are so many places we wish to go to, but really, we don't know if we'll end up going. The world is made of different cultures, different people , different religions, different weather... I could probably go on and on about this, but you know what I'm talking about. And all these differences show how immense this world is.
But to what extent?

For the past few days, I've been realizing how small it can be as well. Sometimes we talk about coincidence, other times about fate, and a lot of times about what a small world this is.
A few days ago, I was sitting across from this woman in the subway on the N line from Astoria to Queensboro Plaza. I noticed her because she had a grey eye brow. She got off at Queensboro Plaza like I did. Two days later, I walk into a Starbucks near Columbus Circle and here she was sitting and having coffee. The minute before walking into the Starbucks, I run into to this guy I had met 4 days earlier, at the top of a building in Times Square, where we had to record a birthday wish video for somebody (this is work related). I probably wouldn't have thought much of it if the night before if I hadn't end up sitting next to this couple at 11pm waiting for a train in Brooklyn, and whom I was sitting next to on a Manhattan train 2 weeks earlier at 3am.

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

These are just a few examples, but I can't even say how many times things like that have happened to me, or have happened to other people around me, and I'm sure to you as well.

So, in the end, I've started wondering how gigantic this place I'm living on called Earth, is. Are we meant to have those things happen to us ?


Or after all, is this just a small, small world...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire